- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable; and
- improve the security of the site;
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests;
The cookies we use place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Performance cookies — these cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies — these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies — also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
- Session cookies — these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies — these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies — these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
In certain circumstances we may collect personal information about you—but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g. by completing an online form) or where you purchase goods or services from us.
2. Consent — (notification on home page)
3. Third-party cookies
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Cloudflare, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Sendgrid, Algolia, DigitalOcean, Hotjar, Disqus which we use to display content. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
4. Description of cookies
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose of the cookie|
|__cfduid||Cloudflare||The __cfduid cookie is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.|
|Unknown||Google Ads Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google LLC that connects the activity of this Website with the Google Ads advertising network and the DoubleClick Cookie.|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_<property-id>||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.|
|hj*||Hotjar||Hotjar cookies, used to distinguish users and storing specific actions they have taken within the site. Read more here|
5. How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.